Piston class?

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Forum rules
1. No flaming, badgering, or foul language allowed. Please keep it civil and clean.
2. Threads should stay on topic. New discussions should be started on a separate thread.
3. Please do not post text in all CAPS, as that is considered rude and unnecessary.
4. No commercial sales or buy/trade/want ads of any kind.
5. Moderator decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a Moderator before posting.

Re: Piston class?

Postby jz2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:53 pm

I just would like to comment on one point. Hunter class is not required to shoot from a bucket or stool. its perfectly alright in hunter to shoot from a bum bag or sitting on the ground.
jz2

Re: Piston class?

Postby Scotchmo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:32 am

ateamray wrote:Imagine a wftf Piston shooter turning a gun up to 17 or 18 foot pounds and then shooting open style. He would have a dramatic advantage over the rest of the shooters in the combined class. But if no one has a ballistic advantage it would be fair no matter what scope or hold improvement devices they use. Basically it needs to be a stock car race from the time the pellet leaves the barrel.

That is easy to imagine as that is what Open/Piston is supposed to be. Hardly anyone attempts that anymore. We had no Open/Piston shooters at the California State match this last weekend.
The lone WFTF/Piston shooter was consolidated with the WFTF/PCP shooters. Ballistic advantage or not, if I were in that situation, I would rather be consolidated with the other Hunter/Piston shooters.
Scotchmo
Club Rep

Previous

Return to General Discussion