Scopes under proposed change

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Scopes under proposed change

Postby Bob M » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:26 pm

I think that forcing folks to buy more equip is unneeded. if we could use 4-16 set at 12 all these years in Hunter rifle and pisto why can't we use them for pistol moving forward? I'm not opposed to allowing higher settings if you have them but not allowing any thing capable of greater than12 doesn't seem good. We could use them set to 12 on pistols and more gear isn't practical unless you sell scopes. Or did I not understand the text in the changes
Bob M
Club Rep

Re: Scopes under proposed change

Postby Sean McDaniel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 pm

I agree. I've never agreed with the current restriction of no more than 12x on a scope for pistol. That makes absolutely no sense to me.
All the 12x restriction does is force people to go out and purchase additional equipment which then prevents people from joining in because of the added cost.
If you're looking to allow people the most flexibility, then allow them the flexibility to use equipment that they already have.
If the concern is cheating, then you honestly don't have any ground to stand on. Those wanting to cheat will figure out a way to cheat no matter the rules. The other 99.9% adhere to the rules.
Sean McDaniel
Club Rep

Return to About AAFTA Rules