Any Chance of

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Any Chance of

Postby 62hotrod » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:39 pm

the rules for HFT class being restricted to a max. 12 power scope in the future? I understand, for now higher powered are allowed and we must limit and police ourselves to the 12 max setting. I know we're good for now, and we don't have a crystal ball. The subject came up this year and was voted down, if it's a sore subject or pet peive with someone, the idea may come up again. I'm needing to get a new scope, I would hate the thought of only getting to use a new scope only one or two seasons due to a rule change. Give me Your Thoughts, or input....... Thank you
62hotrod

Re: Any Chance of

Postby Charles Garvey » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:08 am

All current rules only good for until the Nats. May as well expect a rule change or two. Not so fun when it`s costly. May even seem worse when you have to reconfigure your style or equipment. Some will try to predict these coming changes but, history shows you may as well flip a coin. Maybe we could vote to not change the rules for two or three seasons...c
Charles Garvey

Re: Any Chance of

Postby Skip in WV » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:11 am

I'm not going to argue the rules. I don't shoot Hunter class, but my wife does. A restriction on scope to a mechanical magnification is ill conceived and let me say this dipomatically, stupid. It was correctly voted down. Trust the people you shoot with. Sure, some will cheat. A very small number. Airgunner are a great bunch of people. Let this issue die.
Skip in WV

Return to About AAFTA Rules