No Windage or Elevation adjustments allowed .

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

No Windage or Elevation adjustments allowed .

Postby rws45user » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:40 am

B.No Windage or Elevation adjustments allowed during the match.
I want readers who are new to field target that read this to be able to under stand exactly what is meant my ,.(No Windage or Elevation adjustments allowed during the match). Does it mean if you are using a scope ,no adjustment of the scopes turrets are allowed ?
Are you saying once you pick a mildot or other forms of reticle indicating marks inside the scope , you are not allowed to change your elevation and adjust your gun barrel to a new position to get to another mildot if you change your mind from your first mildot choice. And what if the wind changes and you already picked a windage mildot are you saying you can't make futher adjustments to the windage ?
If once you hold your scopes reticle mildot on a target and you then move it to another spot you are technically breaking the rules because you are making adjustments to your elevation and windage from your original aiming point .
Please answer this question with a yes or no answer , I want your answer to be perfectly clear so anyone reading this will know how hunter class rules apply to open sight shooters who want to shoot in hunter class with out the use of a scope. Does the rule ,No Windage or Elevation adjustments allowed during the match. prohibit ( not allow ) any open sight shooter that choose to shoot in hunter class from adjusting their rear sight higher or lower or from left to right on their angled base that the rear sight sets on during the match lets say from a 10 yard shot to a 55 yard shot your saying you cannot move your rear open sight ? Please answer ( yes you are allowed to move your rear sight on a open sight system) or( no you may not move your open sight at all no matter what the distance is.)
If the answer is no it is prohibited, ( not allowed) , how do you expect open sight shooters to be able to properly aim . Isn't hunter class the class that has the most basic use of a guns stock and use of aiming equipment like the open sights that come on hunting guns ? yes or no answer again please . Is there a more basic class than hunter class that beginners looking to start into Field target and want to use the gun and the open sight that comes on the gun straight out of the box and shoot in the sport of field target shooting . ? Scroll down and look at the younger girls and boys young woman and young men that are going to want to shoot in the hunter class using a non adjustable gun stock with a Diopter Sight attached and try to knock down targets with out using a scope . Are you going to tell them they are not allowed to adjust there sights for the 55 yard shot or even a 10 yard shot .? I think you rule makers are being very unfair to up coming non scope using shooters . Take a good look at the young kids faces on this link your being very unfair to Diopter sight shooters . These people can put a pellet through a 14 mm field target standing up 10 out of 10 times at 55 yards . I would like to see a group of these young people show up at one of your AAFTA shoots and beat most of your best hunter class scope shooters . If they show up to shoot will you deny them the ability to adjust there rear sight because of a silly scope rule .http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/air-rifle/. Are you hunter class shooters that afraid of the younger Diopter shooters that your setting rules to stop them from competing and beating you buy making a rule where it stops them from adjusting there rear sight . This is really sad people .
Last edited by rws45user on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rws45user

Re: No Windage or Elevation adjustments allowed .

Postby Scotchmo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:10 pm

In Hunter Division:

NO - you can't adjust or move the scope for elevation or windage.

YES - you can move the gun to compensate for elevation or windage.
Scotchmo
Club Rep

Postby rws45user » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:23 pm

I know you can't move your scope . That is not the question at all . I wanted to know if you were not shooting with a scope and you were using open sights could you adjust the rear sight up and down .
rws45user

Postby Scotchmo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:54 pm

rws45user wrote:I know you can't move your scope . That is not the question at all . I wanted to know if you were not shooting with a scope and you were using open sights could you adjust the rear sight up and down .

The rules imply NO.

It's the same for scope or open sights. If you think that your shot is going to hit low, you raise the gun a little and aim for the top of the KZ or thereabouts. Mil-dots make it easier to judge how high to hold the shot. It can be done with open-sights, but it's imprecise and tough to hit a small target.
Scotchmo
Club Rep

Postby Bob Dye » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:38 pm

rws45user wrote:Are you hunter class shooters that afraid of the younger Diopter shooters that your setting rules to stop them from competing and beating you buy making a rule where it stops them from adjusting there rear sight . This is really sad people .

There is no need to accommodate open sight users in Hunter FT (any version of FT for that matter) in preference over scope users. The rule is the same for open sight users as with the rifle scope users. So, there is no adjusting during the match. Don't like it, don't participate, or shoot a match and learn. It won't take long to smell the roses.

It's impossible to "fear younger diopter shooters" as it will never happen... because this is self regulating. By that I mean... aside from first timers trying their hand at the game, they immediately realize it's nearly impossible to shoot FT with open sights, certainly beyond 30 yards or so (in a 55yd game).

One can brag that they've been shooting since age 6, sleep with an air rifle in the bed, hunt every morning for food, can shoot the eye out of a mouse at 100yds, etc. I've shot 10m Air Pistol and 50m Olympic Free Pistol (both open sights) competitively at the highest National level for years, so have nothing against open sights. But I've not seen a single individual (ever) shoot a competitive score (even remotely competitive) in sanctioned FT competition with open sights.
Bob Dye
Club Rep

Postby richard » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:55 pm

What Bob said!

Rick
richard
Club Rep

Postby rws45user » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks everyone , I guess that answers that . Its okay for scope shooters to have multiple aiming points to choose from on a reticle but for open sight shooters have only one point to choose from . I'm new to FT and I guess I just don't get it yet but not one person so far finds it even the least bet unfair to not allow a open sight shooter the ability to adjust their rear sight if they choose to shoot in hunter class . Maybe they will never be a shooter to get the same score as a scope shooter and maybe they don't care about the scope shooter scores maybe they just want to use the open sight and compete with a group of other open sight shooters in the hunter class and compete among themselves and want to be able to have different aiming points just like you scope shooters have different aiming points . Not letting a open sight shooter use their rear sight adjustments is like making your reticle have one dot in the center and you have to guess from their . Try shooting like that and see how you like it . But no, you are allowed to have unlimited dots you can add to aim from . It is just really hard for me to believe at all FT shooter in hunter class feel it fair and you can't seem to under stand just how unfair it really is . Or you know how unfair it is and just don't care, and not caring or speaking out about it is like I said before really sad and you should all be ashamed you let it happen and even worse okay with it especially the rule makers .
I have a question . What is the difference in adjusting your turrets to make your cross hair be on a target from already having a tiny cross section at the same location in the reticle to aim from ? The reason I'm asking is eventually the reticle is going to be a full grid since its a no limit reticle rule . So once every spot on the reticle matches the adjustment you can make on the turrets are you not defeating the reason you are not allowed to adjust your turrets in the first place ? Please someone answer this that knows what they are talking about . Right now I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference .
rws45user

Postby Chris Berry » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Rws54user I would be open to a phone call to discuss field target if you like? I know it doesn't seem like we are here to help by the responses, but all of us are super helpful and you will find this out when you start attending matches. Let me know if you would like to chat. Then I will private message you to figure out a time.
Take care
Chris Berry
BoG

Postby Leo Duran » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Rws54user:
Your questions have been answered multiple times.
So let's take a breather on this thread.
Thanks.
Leo Duran
Leo Duran
BoG

Return to About AAFTA Rules