Carry-over from other shooting disciplines?

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Forum rules
1. No flaming, badgering, or foul language allowed. Please keep it civil and clean.
2. Threads should stay on topic. New discussions should be started on a separate thread.
3. Please do not post text in all CAPS, as that is considered rude and unnecessary.
4. No commercial sales or buy/trade/want ads of any kind.
5. Moderator decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a Moderator before posting.

Carry-over from other shooting disciplines?

Postby dan_house » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:31 pm

One thing Ive been curious about for a while, is how much can a FT shooter learn from the long distance precision shooting crowd?

The two obvious ones are range finding and reading the wind. Few air gunners (at least not shooting 10 meters stuff) around here but lotsa folks doing precision shooting that I could quiz about the usual stuff? Do rim fire matches have more uncommon with FT?

Always trying to use the resources at hand.....
USFT #200
The Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Proud Sponsor of Team_Subsonic
Member of the Western Heretic League
dan_house

Re: Carry-over from other shooting disciplines?

Postby Bob Dye » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Dan, I shot 10m pistol for many years, a LOOOOONG time ago. After a 25-year layoff, I can't shoot it well anymore. But it seems the basic principles and training techniques haven't faded, as I still remember how to "build a position," basic trigger control and "follow through." I'll have to see if I can remember any others, hehe. :?

The game may change, but most of the basics don't.

Good subject, Dan!
Bob Dye
Club Rep

Re: Carry-over from other shooting disciplines?

Postby dan_house » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:10 pm

The game may change, but most of the basics don't.

I need to remember that!! I think I need to work on basics more, make them more instinctive and then just work on the issues for that lane.......
USFT #200
The Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Proud Sponsor of Team_Subsonic
Member of the Western Heretic League
dan_house

Return to General Discussion